Resources for East Aurora, NY Residents
Alto Home Inspection LLC, a home inspection company that serves East Aurora, New York, offers this compilation of information that we hope will be helpful to those looking to buy homes in the area.
East Aurora is the historical and business center of the Town of Aurora. You can find the village approximately 5 miles to the east of the Village of Orchard Park, and about the same distance to the south of Elma Center.
East Aurora is a village in Erie County, NY with an estimate population of 6,197, according to the US Census Bureau. It is the cultural center of the Town of Aurora and provides cultural and dining opportunities for residents from all of Western New York.
Where to find work in the town of Aurora
- Fisher Price – Owned by Mattel, their campus can be found at 636 Girard Ave, where roughly 650 full-time employees design toys, packaging and marketing materials.
- Moog – Moog produces precision components for military and industrial use.
- East Aurora Union Free School District – The single K-12 school district in East Aurora provides stable employment for many faculty and staff
- Village Shops – East Aurora takes great pride in its abundance of small, privately-owned shops on Main Street.
East Aurora K-12 School System
The East Aurora Union Free School District is the public school option in the village. There are a total of three schools in the district – one each of high school, middle school and elementary.
According to the school district, they “have been ranked in the top ten of WNY high schools for 24 consecutive years.”
All three of the schools are located together at 1003 Center Street. Be careful when driving past the schools, as large groups of students will occasionally use the crosswalk with little warning.
Shopping and Dining in the Village
Visit Buffalo Niagara has but together an exhaustive guide on East Aurora. We can’t go into the level of detail that they have, but here are a few recommendations for you if you consider the benefits of moving near the village
- Roycroft Antiques – An excellent antique store in East Aurora that sells true antiques, as well as newly-constructed examples of Roycroft-era craftsman furniture
- Elm Street Bakery – Despite the decline of the shopping mall, you can find many stores and restaurants at the corner of McKinley Pkwy. and Milestrip Rd.
How to Keep Busy in East Aurora
Send us a Message